During the course of this 24 hour trial period we ended up blocking just under 513k HTTP requests against our various gradle.org domains which is ~1.2% of our traffic. During this time we did see a decrease in the number of requests using HTTP instead HTTPS.
Gradle has also officially dropped support for TLSv1.0 across all of our domains. TLSv1.3 was enabled yesterday but due to a race condition bug the TLSv1.3 logic in early versions of JDK 11 and JDK 12 we have decided to turn off TLSv1.3 support for the time being.
Overall, we believe this test was a success and plan on moving forward with the planned decommission of HTTP on January 15th, 2020.